Saturday, August 27, 2005

MAD CASH

Word of advice for "aspiring" employees...

I have been an employee for some time. My exact salary NET is 13K per month. I was promised otherwise, 17k to be precise. I bought a motorcycle for 53K, you can make a rough estimate on how long i've been doing the work. And yes it was a callcenter. Before, I was experiencing what I call "survival salary". Working your ass off to produce money to even work harder. I'm not going to tackle all the details, It is hard to digest for some. Work hard, and keep doing it to survive, It wasn't worth it. The time I spent, time I wasted, time that I own, I deserve, was gone. No amount of money can ever replace the time.

I've been nagging people how it works. You graduate from college only to realize that you'll end up in a job, at best, with a 20K below salary. And thats entry level. Working like a slave to climb the corporate ladder to candy coat your measly salary up to 40k per month. By that time I'm spending more time trying to figure out how NOT to lose hair, I'll be as old as my salary, 40 and old. The reality doesn't stop there. Promotion is relative. And I'm sure people don't get promoted that easily. It's either you have "MAD SKILLZ" or an outstanding background on the job, let's get real, the majority veers on mediocrity. Mad skills are god given, not acquired. Yes, I hate employment, if employment benifits all and is the most lucrative way to EARN cash, then try and name just one person you know that made MAD CASH by being an employee. And you know what I mean by "MAD CASH". The type of cash that makes other people lose their minds. But still you are not THE BOSS. If you're earning MAD CASH, guess who's earning even MADDER CASH.

I rest my case, some people will still be too dumb to realize, or playing dumb. Either way, they're not getting any younger. By the time they reach the corporate high levels, they'll be TOO OLD to do anything but play golf and do DAD Stuff. So sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.. same concerns my friend. same concerns. though i hate being a freakin' employee, sometimes we just have to be in order for us to survive. there's no other way than to be like that for a moment. then, it's really up to you, maybe after a few more years, business would come in handy. but with a measly 40k to top it off at 40 years old, that would be too sad. i guess i'll look forward playing golf with you then. haha:)

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »