Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Moving Out

Yes, I am moving out of my parent’s house. I will not live anymore in the home where I grew up for the past 25 years. Away from the comfort of my Room, and the kitchen, and the living room and the help that does almost everything. And, yes, I did get a place of my own. The place I got is not that far, it’s ridiculously close to my old house.

Now, I know a lot of you can’t help but wonder (Gossip), “Why the hell am I moving out? “. And the very obvious answer is, why not? Or what I think is more appropriate,” Why just now?”

A lot of people (Almost 95%) who knows that I will move out reacted the way I expect them to react, like a normal Filipino. It was very amusing and extremely annoying at the same time. And the whole plethora of “very open minded” people, (note: sarcasm), did not let me down on their response when I told them, “Hey, I’m moving out of my house!” The conversation goes like this.

ME: “Hey, I found a place and I’m moving out of the house?”

PERSON: “What? Why? Where? ”

ME: “Just someplace, it’s a really small place”

PERSON: “Are you going to live with Lady?”

Now, what in the hell is that? Just because I want to get out of the house, it does not mean that I want to live with my girlfriend. She stays with her sister and she can’t leave her because her sister can’t pay the rent alone, and we are not married yet, and it does not look really good to live under the same roof with someone you are not married with period. And besides, I love and respect her and I will never do that to us. We will have to get married, but that’s another story.

And there was the idea that I was having domestic problems with my parents and siblings. It’s a really good guess, but it was made in bad taste. F.Y.I. for the people who did think about that possibility, My mother was really happy I was finally doing it, My dad was very sad when he heard I was going out but turned out really supportive and he is my main man in the whole moving out process, my 2 sisters are very encouraging about my move and sad as well because they won’t be hearing my jokes every now and then. So this possibility is very stupid. Shame to those people who even considered it, I shun you!

The very core, the very reason why I have decided to just “Move out”, apart from the exorbitant amount of rent that I will pay every month, and the endless fear of losing my job and not paying it. Away from the uncomfortable setup of having to deal with the laundry, cooking and cleaning. Clear from the foolish idea to spend money instead of just living at my parent’s house and saving it for some grand plan of buying my own house instead of what have you. The simple reason is me. I have simply waked up one day and realized that I needed to grow up. That I wanted to learn the real meaning of responsibility the hard way, the way it should be. I do not wish to learn that through my parents, they have already taught everything I needed to know. So I hope you respect my decision, because this move is something I put my whole being in, and I feel good about it. Because, unlike peter pan, I am happy I will finally be able to grow up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammar Nazi Alerterz! Kidding. But you kinda past tensed the wrong way. LOL. Find it quick! I kid, I kid.

Ok, immediate response "moving in with lady" but i told you i was happy for you. and incredibly envious of course!

XD

Aris said...

Apparently, word considered "Waked up" as opposed to "Woke up" and conveniently changed it to that. So have a nice day, for me to poop on.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Aris. I admire you for doing it =)